Darren Lim visits Lumina Aesthetics to fast-track radiant skin with a diamond-studded treatment.
It is essential to spend days outdoors in Bali to have fun, but the sun will affect your skin and the inevitable build-up of dirt and sweat clogs your pores. The result is dull lifeless skin, a tendency to break out, and sun damage.
Sun exposure has numerous benefits, from boosting vitamin D levels to a sexy tan, but it can lead to premature ageing if you don’t take good care of it. Thanks to technological advances, we now have safe and effective treatment options that can minimise the damage.
One of them is Diamond Microdermabrasion, available now from Lumina Aesthetics in Kuta. I call it a dermatologist-approved remedy packed with beautifying benefits for radiant skin. The visible improvements will have you walking out of the aesthetics centre feeling like a celebrity on a red carpet.
Diamonds are a skin’s best friend
Diamonds are not only used for jewellery. It surprised me to discover that they’re also beneficial for radiant skin. The first thing I thought was that Diamond Microdermabrasion was for someone like Madonna, out of reach for mere mortals. The second thing I wondered is if it was a suitable treatment for me? The answer is a solid yes! The treatment comes at a surprisingly reasonable price and is accessible for everyone who wants to pamper themselves and improve the quality of their skin. Men and women.
What is a Diamond Microdermabrasion
Diamond Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive exfoliation treatment that is applied to the outer layer of the skin to stimulate the growth of new skin cells. It’s a fast yet effective treatment with numerous benefits to address most skin problems from acne, or dull lifeless skin, to wrinkles. It uses a manual exfoliation technique with a diamond-embellished tip.
Why choose Diamond Microdermabrasion?
Diamond Microdermabrasion is safe for sensitive skin, it offers numerous benefits including:
- Revitalizes dull skin – Diamond Micordermabrasian helps to revitalize your skin through a gentle exfoliation process that removes dead skin cells and dirt to brighten your complexion and prevent acne breakouts.
- Relieves hyperpigmentation – It evens out your skin tone to improve acne blemishes, sunburn and age spots.
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars – The gentle exfoliation process helps to resurface the skin to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Detoxes pores – The process involves gentle vacuuming to remove the oil and dirt. It also tightens the pores to leave your skin looking firmer.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles – This treatment stimulates natural collagen production. Collagen plays a big part in improving skin elasticity, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, and increasing blood flow to the skin.
- Skin keeps improving over time – as the treatment encourages collagen production, your skin will continue to improve over time.
Skin treatments have gone boujee
I was escorted to the consultation room to undergo a quick assessment by the dermatologist to make sure that my skin was suited to this treatment. Then I continued to the treatment room to start the procedure.
The first step was a mild cleansing with a low pH cleanser. Then the therapist proceeded to the next step; a procedure using suction. The diamond wand was sloughing away the outer layer of the skin to remove dirt and dead skin cells to improve the overall tone and texture.
Hydrating happens after the suction that exfoliated the outer layer of my skin, and here Lumina went boujee with a luxurious gold serum. The serum does not simply hydrate your skin, it contains a natural antioxidant that prevents inflammation after the suction process. The treatment was finished with a collagen mask application for rejuvenation and extra hydration.
Why choose Diamond Microdermabrasion?
- Sunscreen application – Since we are all in Bali, intense sun exposure is something that we will never get away from. SPF50 sunscreen is a must to apply after the treatment every 4-5 hours. A mineral-based sunscreen is recommended since they are more natural and can be purchased easily from local shops.
- Hydrate and moisturize – Even if you are concerned about having oily skin, it is still essential to hydrate with hyaluronic acid and moisturize with a product of your choice. However, it’s worth including in the post-treatment. You’ll see the difference.
- Be gentle to your face – Pause your routine of using exfoliators, Retinoids, AHA/BHA, or Vitamin C. These can be resumed a week after the treatment. Wash your face a maximum of twice a day using a mild face cleanser with a low pH scale ranging from 4.5 – 6. Let Lumina’s Diamond Microdermabrasion do its magic.
It’s a practice of self-love and an investment in good skin practices
I was surprised by the difference before and after the treatment, my skin looked dewy instantly. It became slightly pink because of the process that draws blood flow to the skin’s surface, but it’s gone after 2 hours. For me, Lumina’s Diamond Microdermabrasion is a pampering treatment and a worthy investment for better skin. A course of 3 to 6 sessions is recommended to achieve the optimum result.
As a man, I wasn’t intimidated in the least, I never felt like it was a women’s beauty centre, in fact, the staff commented how they wish more men would take better care of their skin, and not only does my skin look better, the radiance is back and I feel pretty good about that.